Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ashton's Room

I thought I should do a post of the decorations from Ashton's room because I got some of the ideas from looking at other peoples blogs. I asked my mom to come over and help me this week because I was ready to get it all done and Jeff has more important "honey do's" than this. So thank you mom (what would I do without you) and here are the pictures.

The basketball hoop is a staple in his room so I thought we should do the shelves around them. The frames with scrapbook paper in them are an idea that I got from a blog, (someday they will be hanging on another wall, but I didn't have the brackets you put on the back to hang them up.) The hooks are from Ikea and the baseball and basketball bags are from Easter last year. They were at Walmart for $1. They are perfect to hold his little cars.
The cute little plaques are a fun story. When Mandy was staying with me in April we decided to make them one night. Little did we know it would take until around 1:00am. There was a lot of bonding. And most of the artsy work was done by her of course. It was a fun night though. (I didn't get to sleep in like she did.) So thank you Sally for teaching Mandy and thank you Jill for teaching Sally.

There are still a few more things to do for Ashton's room and Dallen's is almost done. I will put up pictures when it is.

5 people know I love comments.:

Marci said...

Those are really cute ideas, I might have to steal them from you. The love how the room turned out.

Nicole Iorg said...

It looks so good! I was happy to help. What would I do without you either. Let's get the rest of it done. :) Love, MOM

Deidra said...

It looks cute, I too like to look at other peoples ideas. and I too love to know my moms input on it all.

Sally said...

I love it! The pictures turned out so cute...well worth the loss of shut eye right?

Mandy and Kalen said...

Yeah... Way cute! You always say you aren't creative but you are silly!

You'll have to come help me now!