Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I do love Primary

I have been in Primary and the nursery for the last 4 years off and on, but mostly on :). It really is a lot of fun and I love all the kids that I get to work with. The class I had this last year was special because it was the second time I had been their teacher, I was also their nursery leader. I told them not to be suprised if I ended up being their teacher again in the future. Anyway I just got released and it is the perfect time for a break.

I wanted to share the Christmas present I gave to my primary class for a couple reasons:
1-I wanted to show that even a challenged crafter like myself can make something super cute and functional. Basically if I can do it you can too :)
2- So I could tell my awesome helpers thank you. I couldn't have done it without my mom, she helped me with the pattern and I don't have a sewing machine so that would have been hard, and Sel helped with the pins for a while. It would have taken me days without help.
3-I get a ton of ideas by looking at blogs and these "Crayon Cozies" make a great gift for the little ones, and it makes it easy to carry crayons anywhere you might need them. So if anyone is looking for a gift idea here you go :)


3 people know I love comments.:

Unknown said...

Good job Jen. Those are so cute. Did you make some for the boys?

Tara said...

I love crayon rolls! And they were a lot simpler than I thought they would be when I made them. Good Luck with the baby!!

Sally said...

You are such a crafty crafter! I love the crayon rolls. I have been thinking about making some but...well it's on the list. Love you!