Saturday, December 13, 2008

Everybody needs a Vacation

For our 5th Anniversary we decided that we should go on a vacation just the two of us. We love theme parks and I love warm weather so we decided to go to Universal Orlando and Island of Adventure. (We couldn't bring ourselves to go to Disney without the boys.) We had a blast. I recommend all parents taking a vacation without your kiddos. You will miss them like crazy, but the freedom is nice. Oh and usually grandparents love their grandkids so they don't mind watching them. (Thanks Grandma Kathleen.) If we look a little tired it is because our flight didn't get in until 11:45 pm. This was at our condo and we still had 4 days to go.

We ate at a restaurant called "Bubba Gump's Shrimp". It was very yummy. There were signs and pictures all over the restaurant eluding to the fact that it is based on the movie "Forrest Gump", but it still took me until after I ordered "Jenny's Favorite Smoothie" before I got it. :) Being a Jennie I should have realized right off the bat. Nobody heard more lines from that movie than someone named Jennie.

On Saturday, our actual anniversary, we went to the Orlando Temple. I am so glad we went. It is nice to remember that LDS people and Temples are the same all over the world. The temple and the grounds were beautiful like always and everyone was so helpful and nice. It was a good experience.
After the temple we headed off to the beach even though Saturday was the coldest day we were there, only 65. It was still fun to go and the water wasn't cold. We were able to see the sunset there, and I got my shorts soaked. It was beautiful and, you know, it was the beach, but I still wish we could have gone swimming. Oh well, maybe next time.


I have a ton of pictures of the parks, but I decided on this one because it was our favorite ride. The is the Jurassic Park River Adventure. Everything was so pretty and so fun. I know it will be a long time again before Jeff and I get an alone vacation, so we will treasure these memories. It made me excited to take the kids in a few years.




2 people know I love comments.:

Sally said...

Yay! I am so glad to see some fun pictures. I am glad you guys went and had such a great time. You look so cute Jennie. My bro is lucky guy!

Deidra said...

Looks like you had a great time. I would love a vacation with just Chase and I. better yet just a night of a wonderful date that we werent hurried to get back for the babysitter. I would love my parents around.