Wednesday, April 15, 2009

(: From Sin City to Surrounded by Saints :)

Jeff and I headed down to Panguitch on March 26th to suprise Gaylen for his 30th birthday. On Friday morning the 27th we drove to St. George and met them at the mall. He had no idea we were coming. Becky set up the whole thing and this was his other suprise.

The Richard Petty Experience. She got a pass for Jeff too. I guess she didn't think she would enjoy it as much. I love the "costumes" that they had to wear. They got to do 3 laps around the track with a professional driver. They said it was awesome and nothing like they expected it would be.


Here is the gang at the track. If your wondering why there isn't more pictures or why they aren't very good...I forgot my camera. These were taken with a disposable with no flash. Awesome I know. So I didn't get any pictures of anything else, but this is the main reason we came so I guess it is okay.
For my birthday Jeff got us tickets to go to Conference. We went to the morning session on Saturday April 4th. It was so amazing to be there. The spirit was so strong and the messages were great. It was a powerful experience to see all of the people walking toward the conference center and then when everyone was seated the volume of people that were there to witness the spirit of conference.
I had to take this picture because this is what happened to my hair after we looked outside. It was snowing, so a ponytail was really my best option. :) And there are no pictures in the conference center because on the ticket they asked you not to bring camera's, and in my old age I am a rule follower. Let me just tell you that almost everyone had a camera in the room. No one took pictures during the session, but before and after there were flashes everywhere.
After this we went shopping and to eat at my favorite spot in Park City. I have a really embarrassing picture from that....I might post it later....maybe.

2 people know I love comments.:

Sally said...

Ponytail or no ponytail...you are one hot mama. I have no idea how my bro got so lucky! I'm glad you had a good time. I can only imagine the stories of Jeff and Gaylen in a racecar.

Katie Dotson said...

Isn't it funny that racecar spelled backward is racecar?!?!?! Pointless fact! Anywho... I just wanted to point out that you are HOT! WOW WEE!!!