Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fun Activity

I am one of the leaders of Activity Day girls ages 8-10. We try to teach them and have a little fun every now and then. We made these little pictures with them and I think they turned out really cute and the girls loved doing them. Each girl got to design their own "Modest" outfit for their girl. It was fun to see all their different personalities come out in the doll that they created. We added the quote at the end and ribbon to hang them from. Our Recognition Night this month is based on this activity. We are giving these back to the girls, with the quote and ribbon, as a little gift and we are going to have the girls and their moms design another modest outfit out of newspaper and toilet paper. It should be a lot of fun. I just love the quote I found to put at the bottom, and I hope that all the girls remember this because I know it is true for them, and me, and all other daughters of our Heavenly Father:

You are creatures of divinity; you are daughters of the Almighty.
Limitless is your potential. Magnificent is your future.
-Gordon B. Hinckley

2 people know I love comments.:

Sally said...

That is such a cute idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing the awesome quote. I love ya!

Deidra said...

That is a cute idea. We are always looking for fun ideas for our girls to do. I like this I might have to copy it.