Thursday, August 12, 2010

hE's FiVe

I wouldn't believe that Jeff and I had a 5 year old if he wasn't right in front of my face ;). Seriously though 5 just seems soooo old. He is going to be in preschool this year....I can't even comprehend the fact that we could have put him in kindergarten this year. Anyway moving on :)



I asked Ashton what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. Most kids would say chocolate or vanilla maybe....but I was prepared for something else. He has asked for a basketball cake every year since he was 2! This year he said he wanted an Optimus Prime cake. He meant it too! He wanted the cake to look like Optimus...who does he think I am.....we don't have an ace of cakes out here! So I did the best that I could being the amateur that I am. This is what I came up with. I'm not gonna lie...He was a little disappointed, but after I explained to him the Ace of Cakes thing he understood and was happy. (I was proud of myself)




He was very specific about what he wanted for his birthday this year. My mom and I looked all over the store for Battle Strikers....I didn't even know what they were. He loved all of his presents.




When we went to cut the cake Ashton said he wanted the autobot part. So I was telling Jeff that Ashton wanted part of the face thing. Ashton quickly corrected me and said no the whole thing! It was his birthday afterall :) He didn't end up eating that whole piece.....he gave his all though.


I had to throw this one in. I have a pic like this of Dallen at every birthday party he has ever been to.






Here are the other guests at the party....well the cute ones anyway ;)

0 people know I love comments.: