Monday, May 26, 2008

The Birthday Cake

When we first brought out the cake he was a little nervous about it. The waitressess were singing and there was the candle. He didn't quite know what to do.
Then I gave him a piece. At first he just poked at it and he didn't know if he liked the feel of the frosting on his hands, but he thought it was yummy.
After a minute he just decided to go for it. It was so cute. People all around us were watching him. He picked up the whole piece of cake.
I finally decided that he was done, because I had given him a pretty big slice. He was not very happy with me, until.....
He realized he still had some frosting on his hands. It was so fun to have Dallen's first birthday. The cake is my favorite part. I think it was his favorite part as well. (Daddy was on clean up duty and I must say he did a great job.)

2 people know I love comments.:

Sally said...

Jen! These pics are so cute. I LOVE the last 2 pictures in particular. Your comedic timing was perfect. OK, and that crying face looks JUST like Mason. We miss you guys! Love ya!

Mandy and Kalen said...

It was a fun occasion huh? I am glad we live close so we can see each other or have baby sitters! Fun! Love your face!